• 1 tbsp Canola Oil
• 1 Onion, diced
• 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
• 2 Potatoes cubed ½ inch
• Sea Salt, to taste
• Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
• 12 Eggs
• ½ cup Milk
• 1 cup grated Cheese (your choice: Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mozzarella)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- In the cast iron pan, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the onions and cook till soft. Add the ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone, add the potatoes and season with salt & pepper. Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed and the potatoes are a light golden brown; this should take about ten minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the milk until well combined. You can add some of your favourite fresh herbs if you like – thyme or rosemary would work. Pour eggs into the cast iron pan and continue to cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the eggs set around the side.
- Cover with cheese and bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.