- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 cup Avalon salted butter, softened
- 3 Extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup Avalon sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Forest Grains Soft White Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Aluminum-Free baking powder
- 1 tsp Everland baking soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup Rock Ridge Dairy Whole Milk
- 8 oz Vital Greens cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Avalon heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Grease & flour an 11X17-inch baking pan with 1-inch high sides
- Beat cane sugar, butter and eggs together until fluffy. Fold in sour cream & vanilla extract. Fold in milk.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Fold into sugar & butter mixture.
- Bake cake for about 20 minutes at 350, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, icing sugar & vanilla extract together in a bowl. Slowly mix in whipping cream and once blended, beat for two minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over top and sides of cake, smoothing the top. Place 2 to 3 rows of overlapping strawberry slices parallel to short sides of cake for the two red stripes of the Canada flag. Trace out a maple leaf shape in center of cake with a toothpick; use points of strawberry slices to create points of maple leaf. Cut a strip of strawberry for the leaf stem; fill in the area of the maple leaf with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
Recipe Credit: All Recipes