This is an easy and completely vegan salsa recipe! Grab a cherry pitter with your next bag of fruit and try it out. Make extra, your guests will want to take home a bottle!
1. Pit and cut cherries
2. Juice limes
3. Mince garlic, peppers and cilantro
4. Mix ingredients in a bowl and add salt and pepper
5. Pour salsa into saucepan (Briefly cooking the salsa before canning (called hot-packing) will help retain color and flavor after canning)
6. Bring mixture to a boil for 1 minute, then reduce to a simmer for 3 5 minutes
7. Fill the jars
8. After each is filled, slowly mix with a small utensil (chopstick) to remove air bubbles
9. Wipe sides and mouth with a paper towel to remove any salsa that could get between the lid and the jar
10. Place lid and tightly screw on top
11.You can either can the salsa using a hot water process, or store it in the fridge for immediate enjoyment!